Inland Marine Coverage

by Barry Carper

Category: Blog

Do you have property used in your business that is routinely located off-site? When you’re working offsite, your business owner’s policy doesn’t always cover your tools, equipment and computers.

What is covered? Common items covered by an inland marine policy include:

  • Computers & computer systems
  • Tools and equipment for artisan contractors – from mobile equipment to hand tools
  • Fine Art Dealers & Galleries – covers fine art and tools & equipment used in conjunction with fine art
  • Camera equipment – photographers
  • Motor Truck Cargo – covers the goods being carried by an insured trucker
  • Transportation Form – covers goods shipped by or to an insured via common carrier
  • Pet Groomers – covers their equipment, especially for those with mobile operations
  • Veterinarians – covers their equipment, especially when portable in nature
  • Vending Machine Form – used to cover vending machines (does not include contents)
  • Dealers Service Form – covers equipment used by servicing contractors / installers such as appliances, flooring, plumbers, etc.

Business contents, equipment and tools that move from location to location need this coverage. Remember that most contents coverage is location-specific, so you should discuss coverage with your agent for anything that goes off your business premises.

Comments are closed.